Camp of Champions FAQ's
Where is camp located?
182 Wellington Street
1894 Scugog St.
Port Perry, Ontario
What are the hours of the camp? Is there before or after-hour supervision available?
This camp is a day-program that runs from Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. daily. Camp facilitators will be on site from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily. Campers can be dropped off or picked up within these hours only. Early drop off and late pick is available at an additional charge.
Will lunch be provided?
Campers are required to bring their own lunch, snacks and drinks each day, unless otherwise notified. Due to food allergies, campers are advised to avoid bringing any nut-related products. Pizza lunch will be provided Fridays!
How can I contact the camp facilitators if I need to?
On the first day of camp, parents will receive a detailed camp schedule which will include a cell phone number for our camp facilitators. Messages can also be relayed through the Summer Camp Coordinator at (905)439-5254.
What is the policy for camp cancellations and refunds?
If you need to cancel your child’s registration at camp, please notify us as soon as possible. Cancellations for a camp may be requested by sending notice to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the Camp Manager at 905-439-5254. Cancellations received up to 22 days prior to the start of camp will be subject to a $40 administration fee, while cancellations requested within 21 days or less are non-refundable. If your child cannot attend camp for medical reasons, please contact the Camp Manager . A credit note will be issued upon receipt of a doctor’s note. No other exceptions will be made. Please note that camp registrations are non-transferable.
What should my child wear to Camp
- We have a lot of fun and tend to get dirty when playing outside! Please dress your child in washable clothes that you don’t mind possibly getting stained. Choose fabrics that are cool and lightweight. It’s a good idea to layer clothes as mornings can be cool and days can be very hot. Children are very active in our programs — running, climbing, rolling, jumping — so please choose shorts or lightweight pants (no skirts or dresses), and running shoes (no flip-flops).
- For Winter Camp sessions, our staff will provide a packing list for winter attire as we want to ensure all participants are ready to be outside for the majority of each day.
What if my child needs medication at camp:
- If your child requires medication during the day, please download the Camp of Champions medication form (PDF) and ensure you hand it, with the medication, directly to a camp staff member on the first day of the program.
- If your child has a potential life-threatening allergy (anaphylaxis), please download the Individual Anaphylaxis Emergency Plan (PDF) and ensure you hand it, with the medication, directly to a camp staff member on the first day of the program.
- All medications need to be in the original container with your child’s name and the date of the prescription clearly labeled on the container. All medications are locked in storage at camp and can be refrigerated if required. If the medication is for emergency use (e.g. inhaler or EpiPen) the counselor will carry it in their emergency waist pack. If your child self-administers their medication, they can carry it in their waist pack.